Last Updated: September 3, 2018
By providing us with Personal Information, you signify that you agree with the terms of our current Policy as posted here. If you do not agree with the terms of this Policy, please do not provide any Personal Information. If you choose not to provide Personal Information, you may not be able to do certain things, like access particular areas of our website, purchase products, participate in promotions, or send us emails.
What Information Do We Collect About Customers?
Information That You Provide: We collect any information that you enter through our Services or give us in any way, such as when you create an account, place an order, sign up to receive our emails, request stylist appointments or interact with us through our customer service channels. For example, you may provide us with your name, email address, phone number, payment information, billing and shipping address, demographic information, and other information you choose to provide.
Mobile: When you download, or use our mobile applications, we may receive information about your location and your mobile device, including the hardware model, operating system and version, and unique device identifiers.
Information from Other Sources: We might also receive information about you from other sources and add it to the information we associate with your account.
How Do We Use Contact Information?
We use your contact information (meaning email address, phone number, and billing and/or shipping address) for the following purposes only:
- We use your email address to help you create, manage, and maintain an account and to send you information about products, promotions, surveys, news, and events that we think may interest you;
- We use your billing and shipping address to process and deliver purchases, returns, backorders, etc.; and/or
- We use your email address and phone number to send you shipping notifications, other administrative messages and to provide customer support.
How Do We Use Other Customer Information?
- Customize our product offerings to suit your needs and interests;
- Monitor and analyze trends, usage and activities, and improve our product offerings;
- Record purchases that you have made;
- Allow you to post comments and communicate with us, including on our social media pages;
- Protect against fraud and unauthorized transactions, including by identifying potential unauthorized users and/or hackers;
- Comply with applicable legal requirements, industry standards, and our policies.
What Choices Do I Have?
You can always choose not to provide information, even though it might be needed to make a purchase or to take advantage of certain features on our products. You may also manage, update and correct the information you provide as part of your online account by logging into your user account.
If you would prefer not to receive marketing emails, simply click on the unsubscribe link included at the bottom of any of those emails. If you opt out of receiving marketing emails, we may still send you other types of messages, such as purchase receipts, information about shipments, or emails about your account.
The information we collect about you may be transferred to, and accessed from within, the United States and other countries, as permitted by applicable law. These other countries may not offer the same level of data protection as your home jurisdiction. We will take steps to maintain an adequate level of protection for this information in the jurisdictions in which we process it. If you are a resident of the European Economic Area (“EEA”), please see the “Note to EEA Residents” section below.
If you have any concern about our privacy practices, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Notice of Changes
Christopher Columbus High School reserves the right to add to, change, modify or update this Policy as our discretion without notice, simply by posting such change, update or modification. Any such change, update or modification will be effective immediately upon posting, and we encourage you to visit this area frequently to stay informed.
Legal Basis for Processing
We will only process personal data about in accordance with the following legal basis:
- As necessary to perform our responsibilities under our contract with you. For example, by processing your order and delivering the products you purchase;
- When we have a legitimate interest in processing your personal data. For example, to communicate with you about changes to our products, to prevent fraud, or to provide, protect and improve our products and services;
- If we request your consent to a specific processing activity (such as to send marketing emails), and you provide your consent in the manner indicated; and
- In some cases, processing will be necessary for compliance with a legal obligation, such as response to legal process requests.
We store the information we collect about you for as long as is necessary for the purposes for which we originally collected it. We may retain certain information for legitimate business purposes or as required by law.
EU-U.S. & Swiss-U.S. Privacy Shield Framework
We adhere to the EU-U.S. and Swiss-U.S. Privacy Shield Framework Principles issued by the U.S. Department of Commerce (the “Principles”) in connection with its processing of personal data received from the European Economic Area and Switzerland (“Covered Data”). For more information about the Principles and to view our certification, please visit the Department of Commerce’s Privacy Shield website. You may contact us about any question or complaint regarding adherence to the Principles as indicated below. If we do not resolve your complaint, you may submit your complaint free of charge to JAMS at https://www.jamsadr.com/file-an-eu-us-privacy-shield-or-safe-harbor-claim, our designated Privacy Shield independent dispute resolution provider. Under certain conditions specified by the Principles, you may also be able to invoke binding arbitration to resolve your complaint. We are subject to the investigatory and enforcement powers of the Federal Trade Commission. If we share Covered Data with a third-party service provider that processes the data solely on our behalf, then we will be liable for that party’s processing of Covered Data in violation of the Principles, unless we can prove that it is not responsible for the event giving rise to the damage.
Privacy of Children Online
We do not solicit or intentionally collect Personal Information from children under the age of thirteen. If we are made aware that your child is under the age of thirteen and is supplying us with Personal Information, we will use reasonable efforts to delete that information from our records. We encourage parents of children under the age of thirteen to regularly check and monitor their children’s use of e-mail and other activities online.
Questions or Complaints
If you have a concern about our processing of personal data that we are not able to resolve, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the data privacy authority where you reside. For contact details of your local data protection authority, please see: http://ec.europa.eu/justice/data-protection/article-29/structure/data-protection-authorities/index_en.htm.